Sunday, October 16, 2011

Holidays

I have never been one for holidays.  I never enjoyed looking at Christmas lights, I detested Halloween (my birthday is right before) and Thanksgiving seemed to be a reason to eat a lot.  I would celebrate with my family and friends, but I was never really in the spirit.

Nadia and Nicole changed all that for me.  Last year was their first holiday season.  They were 7 months old for Halloween and didn't think very much of the adorable costumes I forced them to sit still in. 
Nadia the tiger, Nicole the monkey

Thanksgiving passed very much the same way.  Their Great Uncle and Aunt visited from China, we had the traditional dinner, and Nadia and Nicole didn't care.


All that changed with Christmas.  I decorated a small tree and hung some garland on one of our fish tanks.  The girls loved the lights and really loved ripping open packages.

Now that the holiday season is here again and my girls are a year older, I find myself excited about decorating for them.  I have hung a small amount of spider webbing and placed some glow in the dark rats and spiders around.  My fish tank has been decorated for the season.

I cannot wait to finish Halloween decorating and decorating for the other holidays.  I hope my girls find wonder and joy in the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment