Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Twins!

There are certain moments that stay in your memory.  Everyone knows where they were when they heard Kennedy was assassinated or when the terrorists attacked the World Trade Center.  You never forget your first love or your wedding day.

Today is one of those days for me.  Two years ago today I had my first ultrasound.  I was 13 weeks pregnant and had been anxiously awaiting seeing my child for the first time.  My great friend Christy was visiting from New Jersey and attended the ultrasound with Charles and I.  The ultrasound started simply enough, but within minutes I heard words that changed my life.

The ultrasound tech looked around with the scanner for a moment, then removed it and said "I have big news".  Something inside had already told me I was having twins, my Grandma actually told people before the ultrasound that I was having twins.  I asked the tech if there was more than one baby, and she said there are two.
Nadia on left, Nicole on right

Christy later told me that Charles cried when he heard.  These are the first pictures of my darling girls.
Nicole

Nadia


No comments:

Post a Comment